Cisco® IP Phones empower your business with a new collaboration experience that connects you with the right people, with the right information at the right time, so you can accelerate team performance and maximize your business results. Effective collaborative experiences among individuals and teams can help you:
• Harness the power of your busy professional staff by enabling them to collaborate confidently with customers, partners, colleagues, and suppliers.
• Maximize interaction with subject-matter experts (SMEs) by taking advantage of pervasive presence, team space escalation to calling and
• Transform your business processes and reduce costs with interactive high-quality, business grade high-definition video communications.
• Get access to optional third-party endpoint applications and accessories to innovate new workflows.
Cisco began developing voice over IP (VoIP) communications and collaboration solutions in 1997 and has provided them longer than any other vendor in the industry. According to Synergy Research, Cisco is the number one overall voice and video communications equipment vendor in the world and the leader in most unified communications categories, including conferencing and voice messaging. Cisco leads the unified communications and collaboration market with:
• More unified communications installations: Cisco has more than 100,000 unified communications customers worldwide.
• More IP endpoints: Cisco has shipped 2.5 times more IP phones worldwide than its nearest competitor1
• Competitive advantage: More than 95 percent of Fortune 500 companies now use Cisco Collaboration Solutions to build competitive advantage.
In today’s 24×7 global economy, your business must meet the needs of a wide range of users who can have different communications styles and preferences for how they conduct their work. Today’s workforce is more geographically dispersed, spanning different time zones, which enable collaboration beyond traditional work hours. Use of conferencing is growing exponentially. Virtual team spaces, with the ability to escalate member exchanges to calling within the space, are becoming increasingly important to efficiently and effectively collaborate. Cisco IP Phones support these advanced forms of collaboration. Yet, media reports continue to postulate that the death of the desk phone has arrived.